Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baby Advent

I had a productive day in the art room today!  Here are some works in progress of the two designs I'm working on for baby advent calendars.  They are of course generally based off my Christmas calendar design, but with fewer pockets and using some different ideas to set the two designs apart.  I xeroxed and increased the size of the dictionary page with the definition for baby in the pink one, so that it uses only that part of the dictionary page rather than the whole thing.



In each pocket will be a prompts for an activity for the expectant parents to do that week (something to make their preparations more meaningful than just busy) or blank papers for writing one's own message on (whatever option the client desires).

Also today: the pant legs for 3 display legs for bike bands in shops, the completion of two aprons a friend commissioned from me (similar to the one in this post),  a nose sewn on to a cute stuffed cat doll, and the conception of my card swap card design.  It was a great day.  I wish I wasn't tired, so that I could carry on in the zone.  But I can truly only go so long.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Heather, I love the baby advent idea, esp. to make the week leading up to it more meaningful. I love the art, too. Glad you had a productive day! Love you! A