Friday, July 19, 2013

Lucky Chickens of Chance

I was making a Welcome Baby card for a friend of mine recently and one of the collage bits I glued on was an illustration of a chicken. Voila! Inspiration struck! I should make a cute stuffed chicken to go along with the card!  Here is the result of that grand epiphany:


In fact, I made two, they were so frickin cute:


I can't decide if I like the orange one or the green one best.


Also this week, we got a couple of new chicks. So we introduced the live one to its stuffed brethren. It didn't quite know what to make of the whole situation.


Why "The Lucky Chickens of Chance?" you ask.  Well, I've been buying Powerball tickets and last week as I checked my numbers, Paul came around the corner with the stuffed toys in hand saying, "You need the Lucky Chickens of Chance with you!"  I can't say they proved their luckiness just then (still no lotto winner), but perhaps the orange one will bestow her luck on her new owner in Boston. 

:)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I just about died laughing at the chick with his "bretheren"! You are too funny! Orange one is my fave. Very cute!