Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Visit The Studio!

Hello friends!
I'm back in the studio after some international travels and want to invite you to come on over yourselves!

You are cordially invited to the...






June 22-23, 2013
10am-5pm both days
Free!
My studio is one of over 40 studios in Fort Collins that is open to the public that weekend.

Come see where I work, what inspires me, and learn about my artistic process!  There will also be an interactive and fun take-away for you to take as a souvenir.

You'll also have a chance to purchase things made at Parsley Art Studio.  See a sample of what's for sale by visiting my Etsy shop!  I'll also have select greeting cards available for sale too, which I don't sell on Etsy.

Enter my drawing to win one of my pieces!

You can pick up maps for free at several locations in town (Lincoln Center, Senior Center, The Gardens on Spring Creek, or the Northside Aztlan Center), or download it here.

I'd LOVE to have you stop by!

---
My most recent work-in-progress is something I've never done before.  While I was in the UK, I worked with pastels for the first time on a piece with my father-in-law.  I'm pretty excited about what I learned!

Here's the original photo, taken on a hike in Scotland along the West Highland Way:



Here's my sketch and first attempts at the sky! I've always been intimidated by the sky in painting. Pastels, though, are wonderfully forgiving, and as Frank (father-in-law) kept reminding me: it doesn't have to look just like the photo, Heather!  You'll see the progression as we went along:





The artists hard at work!




I had to leave the UK before we could complete it, but now I'm inspired to invest in some pastels so I can finish it up.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hi Heather! Wish I cold come to your studio tour. Sounds like a lot of fun! The photo of Scotland you took is beautiful - what a great idea, to recreate it with pastels, and how neat that you got to learn a little bit from a fine artist!