Tonight I have no final products to show you, but the workings of final products, indeed! This weekend was about getting down to business. Tuesday is the postmark deadline for our International Card Swap, and a week from Monday is the postmark deadline for the Flirty Apron Swap I'm participating in online (click on button to the right to learn more). So this weekend, I designed. After much experimenting, I finally came up with a card design I'm satisfied with. Rather than spoil the surprise entirely and post my prototype on the blog, I thought I'd post the ingredients, since today was all about making each one so that I can put them all together assembly line-like in the next couple days. One of my favorite things is that the base is fabric, cut from a second-hand pillow case I found at the Goodwill this weekend for a dollar. Fan-cy!
The Flirty Apron Swap is a challenge to make a fun apron for a complete stranger, re-using old linens. Thus the trip to Goodwill this weekend. Indeed, for only about $7, I found all my materials. Below is how I envision it:
That's all I'll say for now, though, just in case my partner happens upon my blog for some reason (it's supposed to be a secret from her until she receives it in the mail).
I look forward to showing you the final outcomes soon! Till then, check out my sister's new photography blog, A Journey in Photography, and take care.