Friday, August 15, 2008

A shift in perspective

Until yesterday, I poo-pooed blogs. So many seem to be full of ramblings, inside jokes, poor spelling, and not enough pictures or comments I'm interested in. But then, something shifted in my brain. My best friend's blog is full of words and images that I soak up like a sponge! I crave more, and check hers nearly every day to see if she's posted again. We've been talking about me documenting my art more regularly, and I always want to show her what I've most recently made, and others too.

So... introducing my blog! I plan to use this as a venue to display my art, for better or for worse. I feel like it will allow me to think of my art as work. Assignments due, things to turn in. I have always functioned well with deadlines, and perhaps my wanting to regularly post something fresh for you will be incentive enough to get my bum in gear!

Here's to constant inspiration and making art as often as possible!

heart,
H

No comments: