Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cute Little Project

My friend Pete commissioned me for a simple project to add some character to one of the rooms he's renovating in his house.  He's put up some beetle-kill pine siding over a really bad paint job from the previous owners (so bad it couldn't be painted over bad) and it turned out there was a knot right where the floor and the wall met.  The knot popped out to reveal a hole, so Pete asked me to make a mouse that would peep out when you looked in there.


So I drew a selection of four little mice, about an inch tall, which would give Pete a choice. 


Pete loved them all and hasn't decided yet which one will go there, and now he's inspired to find three other knots in the room so that the other three can be utilized.

Here was my favorite, although the orange one with the waving mouse was also very good:


Thanks for the fun idea, Pete!

1 comment:

Sedna-is-my-own-last-name said...

dude, pete sounds like an awesome friend to know.

if it was my hole i would use a felted(or sewn) mouse to give it more dimension for one of the holes. : )