Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's Official!

Today I officially registered my trade name!  I am officially Parsley Art Studio!  There is a long way to go from here, but I feel very accomplished in having done just this one thing.  Figuring out exactly what one has to do to be official about owning a business seems complex and overwhelming at times.  But I'm trying to network and ask people who've done it before and persevere through all the information.


Thanks to Ange at Mama Said Sew, I also recently  learned about the most wonderful resource: the Small Business Development Center.  There are centers all over Colorado, and one right here in Fort Collins, where I will attend a workshop early in April to get the basics.  After that, I will sign up for a one-on-one counseling session, in which I can learn specifics from someone else who's been there.  I can't wait!  I can't believe I didn't know about this before.  Finally, someone to ask rather than having to figure out everything on my own online.


Here is what I worked on today: a display for my bike bands!  Two (so far) bike shops in town are going to carry my bike bands!  So of course, we needed a great way to show them off.  Shawn at The Cycologist suggested having a foot of some sort for the bands to show their actual function, so I took his idea and ran with it.  Clean shoes and jeans from the second hand store, a 2x4 and a couple of screws (again with help from the main man) and voila! An enticing display!



And for laughs...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg you are so cute! (charlie chaplin goes to REI!) yay for forays into video. that's a fine start if you ask me!

I love the display idea. So much more enticing than just an image on a label of something. Definitely gives the bands life. just totally loving the whole thing.

Vid said...

Awesome! Those are great. I like that display too!