Friday, July 17, 2009

Painting 2

Here is a photo of the painting I created last weekend! (Happy b-day to Jennifer!) A trip to the beach with her and her young'un in May inspired this image in my head. While I worked on painting the ocean--much harder than one might think, I might add--I spoke to Amb over the telephone about art and traveling and having the time you need. Painting a picture for one best friend while talking to the other... does it get any better than that? Well, maybe if they'd both been there with me in person....


And the $2 frame from Goodwill with the painting in it:


I'm off tomorrow for three weeks to Europe, so I'm sorry to report I'll not be able to post for awhile. When I get back, however, I'm sure I'll have much to share!
Be well.
xo

3 comments:

Tara said...

HAave a great time! See you when you get home!

Lindsay Gage Natale said...

That is so great! I can't wait to hear about your trip...don't forget the Carta Forno! (parchment :) )
Miss you! We need to plan a trip out to visit you in Co.

Love and safe trip to you,
linds

Sedna-is-my-own-last-name said...

The photo of this painting doesn't come nearly close to doing it justice.

I guess you will all have to come to my house for an in-person viewing. At that point, I might have to start charging entry fees since HLM is destined to be a well-known artist in her time.

Thanks for the beautiful painting. As I said, the colors are amazing, especially the ocean. I feel very blessed to have received something that is so from your heart and soul, babe.